Monday, June 13, 2011

Two Heartbeats

About a week and a half ago at the 7 week ultrasound, the radiologist saw "something" on the second baby  "which may or may not be anything."  A clot?  The beginning of the end for the second twin?  I chose to ignore the speculation of bad news until confirmed, and instead, focused on the confirmed good news -- both twins had strong heart beats.   


Sure enough, as of the 8 week ultrasound last week, both twins are doing incredibly well, and whatever was showing up on the ultrasound the week before is now gone.  


With things going so well, I jumped into some reality -- some of it fun and some of it morbid.  Life insurance, guardian appointment, will and trust are underway and nearly finished.  I never thought about my own mortality as much as I have knowing that I will soon be a single father with no partner (at least for now) ready and willing to take up the parenting duties if something should happen to me.  


I also never thought I would get such a rush from shopping for baby clothes, looking for strollers or mobiles!   The cutest baby clothes are at Janie and Jack, and I admit I've already gone a little crazy there.  


To be honest, I'm still in surrealzone -- so bizarre and crazy to think that I will have a son and a daughter in seven months, and how ironic that I went to the U of Michigan and my children will come into this world as buckeyes -- I may have to do a sage rub in their room once I get them home from Ohio!  


Oh...and I'm picking out names.  The first names are done -- Ronan and Malena Hunter will be here before we know it, and their full names are going to have to be something out of the ordinary.  

No comments:

Post a Comment